Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaNoWriMo...right.

So, I'm already three days behind on NaNoWriMo. I wrote 2.4k the first day, though I really should've written 3.2k so I'd be two days behind instead of three but I guess that can't really be changed.

After today, I was supposed to be at 6668 words, or about there. So, I bet you're wondering to yourself, "How are you gonna catch up on the words you missed?" That's a really good question.

I am going to describe the zombie Jesus out of every living thing I talk about. When my character is walking down the hallway, I will be writing what everyone is doing, what every locker looks like. It will be massive. It will be hard. It can be done.

I've been looking at some 'dirty' tricks to help get me through the process. I rather like some of them. And then others are just stupid. A stupid example would be replacing your character's name by giving them three extra names. So like "Anna" would be "Anna Sophia Maria".

I don't know why that was the first name to pop into my head. Then I saw a good one. Realistic conversation. You know when you're talking to someone and you made a mistake, and they're like, "Haha, you're so stupid?"

In novels, that doesn't really happen. Because, let's face it, the author can just go back and change it so that every dialogue exchange is perfect. I'm gonna try this. My character this year is such a dolt that this really shouldn't be a problem.

I just saw this one: If you're a student, write your essays for this month into your novel, it's not cheating seeing as you wrote it in November!

I've already written a Civil War essay and a paragraph for Psychology AND a journal for Economics. Hello 3k. It's nice to see you.

"Oh. It's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know. After you murdered me. Okay. Look, we both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us...for science...you monster."

Look! Another 50 or so words! :D

At any rate, for those of you doing NaNoWriMo, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment